THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Raking in the dough

So today I feel a lot less like a loser. What could have occurred to make me feel like that. Did I start driving? No. Do I have a hot super model girlfriend? Negative (but one day). Did I learn that I actually have a skill? Incorrect. Did I somehow obtain a job? Correct. That is right I am not longer unemployed! Now I shall chronicle how such an occurrence occurred.

It started on Saturday. I had my phone off while I was at the BBQ as to not be disturbed. So when everyone had left but a few people, I turned on my phone. I had several text messages. But one of them stuck out at once. It was from my dad. "Target called." He even left voicemail.

A day or two before I had applied there online sort of passively thinking it would be like every other job. I was under the impression they wouldn't call me. But they did. I had an interview 3 days later. I called the next day to confirm I would attend such interview.

So today I put on a dress shirt with some khaki pants (I'll admit, I looked good) and about 8:20 a.m. left my house to journey to the Target on Westminster and the 22 freeway. After about an hour of walking in the hot sun, I arrived and went in the bathroom to rid myself of sweaty hands and to tuck in my shirt.

First I was interviewed by an Asian lady (named Rachel like good ol' Rachel Smyth). I was able to extract a few smiles from her but at the same time I was worried that maybe I wasn't doing so great. Afterward I went over to the computers to do some stupid questionaire. I came back in and was interviewed by a young man named Dennis (only remembered because of my brother having the same name). This interview I was much more confident and he seemed about 3 times more impressed than the Rachel lady did. I went to sit on a bench outside the offices and then the desk lady told me they were going to hire me. She gave me some paper work and told me I had to go drug test.

After having gone to the wrong Target, my mom picked me up and took me to the testing place. We had to wait an hour since they were out to lunch so we went to Arby's and (ironically) a Target in the area. I went in to be confronted by a grumpy old woman who reminds me of Raz from Monsters Inc. But a nicer younger lady took care of me instead. We wen't to the bathroom and she handed me a cup I had to pee in. I won't get too graphic but after a few instructions I did my business. She took the cup and walked off for a little bit. She came back telling me she sent the results and wouldn't tell me what they were. Though I'm positive I was clean seeing as I've never touched any such substances, it still bothered me that I didn't know. She probably was suspicious of me when I asked if I got to know what the result was haha. So it will be quite interesting (and extremely saddening) if Target calls me back to tell me I failed the drug test. I know I didn't but seeing as that's the one thing seperating me from having that job, of course I'm worried that someone the test wasn't accurate. Especially since I've never had such a test.

I should get a call within a few days concerning my orientation and then I am set. I'm going to miss all the free time even though it amounted to nothing. And I hope working in electronics won't tempt me into spending my paychecks. And I get to have whatever hair I want. Even so, I'm going to cut it soon, especially since I'm starting to look like Luke Skywalker.


PS. My thanks go out to our Father in heaven for he makes everything possible. And to those who helped me when I was unemployed.

1 comments:

Cardboard Box said...

yay to having a job man.....you'll do just fine......and no, i didn't get that from Harry Potter.