THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ghastly ghouls

I'm aware I already posted a blog tonight but something has driven me to write another: my curiosity.

Naturally I am a very curious person. This is a good and bad thing. It's good because it leads me to become very interested in things and learn them. But its not skills I learn just information. This helps with the whole Archaeology thing I'm pursuing because my curiosity drives me in the field. Now the downside of this is that sometimes I come off as nosy when in reality if someone doesn't want to talk about something I wont press the matter any further unless its one of those things where they taunt me or kind of leave me hanging. But also the fact that I become interested in certain things is also a bad thing.

All of my life I have been really interested in ghosts. You or may or may not believe in them and if you don't (not to sound mean) I could really care less. I will be the first to say I do believe in them. Not from any kind of personal experience but I'm one of those people who believe that theres a lot in this world that we do not understand and there will always be that fact. Centuries from now all of what we learned now will most likely no longer be relevant. For example, certain understandings from even so much as 100 years ago have become outdated and useless. Medicines, how things work ect. I'm getting off topic here.

Back when I was a wee lad (probably less than a year old) when we lived in Georgia, my mother went to feed me and she encountered a spirit in our living room. My mom isn't the type of person that would make something like this up. I've also encountered "strange happenings" at my house where I was on top of our bunk bed and something fell off. Seconds later it shot back up onto the bed. Also I have encountered strange things at a friends house.

The thing is the thought of encountering a spirit frightens the crap out of me. And lately I have been watching a lot of Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters on TV. I really like those shows but whenever I watch them I have trouble sleeping and sometimes have bad dreams. Tonight I was looking at a site with a bunch of ghost pictures and made me feel uneasy. Whether my house is haunted or not, I have no idea. In fact I don't want to know. If there is some kind of spirit in my house they have done nothing to hurt me.

A couple of weeks ago Pastor John mentioned cutting out bad things for us. Whether it be commercials, tv shows, or even small things. Things that we know aren't good for us but may be fine for other people. I think this might be one of those things. But the thing is I am cursed with a unquenchable curiosity. Plus I enjoy watching those shows. But I guess its in times like these we have to cast out certain things that may hinder our relationship with God.

1 comments:

Cardboard Box said...

I ain't afraid of no ghost!