THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The best band ever (in my opinion)

So I was hanging out with a few friends a couple of days ago and we started quizzing each other on ourselves. I asked them what my favorite band was. No one had the answer. So I'm going to take the next few minutes to school you on them.

For those of you who don't know who my favorite band is, they are a power metal/hard rock band from Germany by the name of Edguy [not Viking metal from Norway cough cough :)]. So anyways I'm going to compose a top 5 list of what I love about this band:

1. Tobias Sammet: Definitely my favorite singer of all time. This guy can pretty much hit any note he wants. Not only that but he is the most hilarious human in existence and incorporates it into their music and live shows. Plus he is super creative.
2. Diversity: Whatever mood I'm in Edguy has got me covered. If I want to laugh, they have humor. If I am feeling down they have songs that I can relate to on a personal level. Their music comes in all shapes and sizes: funny, happy, sad, angry pretty much any mood that can be portrayed.
3. Guitars: They have some pretty awesome guitar work. By no means is it shredtastic(the spellcheck claims thats an actual word) like Children of Bodom but that doesn't stop them from writing fantastic stuff.
4. Live Show: They put on one of the best shows on the planet. Not only are their stage presence nearly unmatched but the songs are nearly dead on. I love going to a show and getting to laugh through most of it.
5. Avantasia: Okay this isn't really a part of Edguy but I'm counting it. What Avantasia is is Tobias Sammet's side project in which he makes concept albums with multiple power metal singers and musicians. Each singer sings a different character in the story and speaking of which, the stories are pretty deep. Plus the album The Scarecrow is my favorite album of all time.

So now you know. I mean don't expect to go listen to them and like them because they are a very selective taste. Some might find his vocals not to their liking (by means of how they sound not how well he sings). But if you do find them to your liking be sure to let me know and maybe I'll be nice and give you some of their cds. I have a few of their songs on my music player below. I also have some Avantasia which some of it is a little more mellow than the Edguy I have up.



0 comments: