THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The land is silent...before the stoooorm!!

Last night I went to see Ensiferum (one of my many favorite bands). Also playing was a band called Blackguard who I'm quite fond of as well. We met the guitarist mistaking him for the merch guy (how often to band members of signed bands do that?) and talked to him for a good while about the music business. It was funny because he had an accent and hes from Canada. Damn French Canadians...anyways we saw Petri of Ensiferum walking around the venue in a cowboy hat barely being noticed by people (though he was stopped for a conversation now and again). I wanted to take a picture with him (which I was going to bring my moms camera for but ultimately didn't because I am a fool). I tried telling Cory to take a picture with my phone but he wouldn't so we ended up not approaching him. After we talked to the guy from Blackguard we decided we should talk to Petri but he never appeared again (well until Ensiferum played).

I bought an awesome sweatshirt because mine is getting somewhat old. Cory wanted a shirt but had no money so we walked away from the merch table over to around the bar area. Then it struck me that I should buy Cory a shirt. So I started walking back over there and Cory was puzzled so I told him I'm buying him a shirt. He protested but I didn't give him a choice. I love when we get those sudden urges to do something kind for someone. I wish I was like that more often, especially after reading several passages at givesmehope.com. Which is an amazing site btw and I suggest you go on it.

Anyways Blackguard was fantastic and had a giant gong on stage which the singer would hit throughout the songs. They had great energy which I didn't get to fully appreciate because we sat down. The pit at The Galaxy is very small and there was some jerky guy whos father we met upon entering the venue. He was an oddity and would do funny hand motions when the band played. ANYWAYS so we watched the bands sitting down and were extremely tired so I wish it could have been different. But then Ensiferum came on. We were still sitting and still tired but I thoroughly enjoyed them. And this is weird for me to say (and it was probably cause I was worried for a certain person who I was texting at the time) but it got to a point where I wished there set would end. But at the same time I'm glad it didn't because they had an awesome setlist that Cory could not appreciate as much as me because he's anti old Ensiferum (I love old Ensiferum). Anyways it was a great time end of story. I just wish a certain hangout would have happened the previous day but I got to spend some time with my friend Britney instead so it was still a good day.

0 comments: