THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 17, 2009

Ocarina of Rhyme

So a few days ago I started to break out my Nintendo 64 and play not only my favorite game but what I (and most gamers) consider the greatest game ever created. Of course I am talking about Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The game is groundbreaking in every sense of the word changing everything we knew about video games and blowing us away. I didn't get into the whole Zelda fad until I was younger and bought Link's Awakening on the Game Boy. My friend had Ocarina and I played it on my Nintendo 64 (which I actually won in that Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut "Defeat the Darkside" contest from when Star Wars Episode 1 came out). That game changed my life. Lets just say I would like the things I like (vikings, medieval, swords, anything else epic) if it weren't for that game. I wouldn't want to be an archaeologist if it werent for that game. I would still be listening to shitty American metal if it weren't for that game. And years and many Zelda games later it still holds the title of being the best (regardless of what Cory thinks). Link (the protagonist) is my all time favorite hero of...well...all time. So much that I dressed up as him at Anime Expo.


Ignore the boots. Moving on. I'd have to say my favorite thing about the game...is....well...its so amazing I can't pick anything out in specific. It's so perfect. The only thing that irks me is that the Water Temple is a pain in the ass to get through. Mother fu--....but yeah the tunes are catchy, its very adventurous, the hero is a badass (you play him as both a 9 year old kid and a 16 year old...man). You can get different weapons and tools and use them to solve puzzles and be epic. I like taking the hookshot and jumping from roof to roof in Kakariko Village. I feel like Spiderman. But much less gay. I plan on getting another costume soon (Frank lost mine) and making it much more elaborate. What can I say, I love that game that much. I might get a tattoo from it and it will be the only tattoo I would ever get that might be irrelevent in years to come. But then again it could be still. I just wish I was a top hollywood director because I would buy the rights and make the best effing Zelda movie that anyone could imagine. More epic than Lord of the Rings. Yes that epic. This picture shows just how epic this game is.

0 comments: