THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hunting High and Low

So right now I'm up in Lake Arrowhead with my church family having a fantastic time. We have an awesome cabin that blows last year's out of the water (no creepy paintings, fake jacuzzis, tables with naked women carved into them, or rooms we are not allowed to enter). So far I have indulged in games of Sweat, hot tubbing, delicious food, sledding in Big Bear, and some game in which they have to guess the person through descriptions. They are playing it right now but I am a little weary so have decided to stay out of the fray. Tomorrow morning we leave which is a total bummer because it feels like we just got here.


But the most important part of this trip is God. We are here to learn his word, to fellowship together, and speak to him personally. We have been having these awesome secluded sessions in which we just bask in His glory and hear what He has to say. The main theme had to do with humanity and sin so personally I needed to know what I was doing wrong. I know I am not perfect but I strive to be good enough to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. I can only hope so far I'm doing a good job of it (though I know I could be doing much much much better).

So here I sit on this here laptop de Cory listening to them making a ruckus upstairs hoping that the roof doesn't fall in on us (it sure sounds like it is). Wred is across from me working on drums and synths for Cory's music. Now he just went upstairs to take a break. I am alone. Listening to Sonata Arctica. Life is good.

1 comments:

NAY AND CASEY said...

we missed you in the game, you were amazing yesterday! SO glad your here burn.